Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Dollar Store Haul(ah!)

I have a saying, "if you can't buy it at the dollar store, you don't need it."  I live by this motto for everything, except clothes of course...

I like to hit up my local dollar store at least twice a month to get all my living essentials. Aside from that I also like to get as many strange knick-knacks as I can, and if you are in the market for strange knick-knacks to have around your home or office, the dollar store is the PLACE TO BE.

"Perfect" is how I would describe this place too Coco-Cola.


From plastic flowers, to religious kitsch, and back to undefinable oddities, the dollar store has you covered in cheaply made layers of plastic awesome crap.

Aside from filling my shopaholic needs while spending as little as possible, this store has some fantastic things to look at.  Not buy, just look at.

Here are somethings that made me chuckle- not to the point where I needed to buy it out of pure hilarious joy, but at least put a smile on my face.
Ok so from L to R, T to B, let's talk about this.  First -I had some interest in buying this, but I couldn't understand what is was, and its title "Close relationship between family members" did not help. Next we have someone who hates alcohol, or at least beer making bottle opening magnets.  "Killer Lite"? Ok we get it Drew Downer, we will take it easy on the brewsky.  Next up is El Valle "Toys & Candy" - hoping this haired object is a toy. The item that follows says "Dog Leash", yup it says "Dog Leash". I thought it was some sort of doggy toothbrush, but I guess its a leash. After that you'll see a donut shaped object.  It says "Warm Cover of Toilet Bowl." Yuck. Next we got fake Toe Nails. Yuppp.  And finally we got this sweet bra hanger.  I did not know this was a thing.  Dollar store cleared that up for me, it is a thing  (I could see Katy Perry wearing this with some high waisted shorts)

Ok so onto what I got.  Here is the Haul:

So I got myself a super cheese pink vase, some awesome colored pens for work, a plastic butterfly napkin holder which will make a great mail holder for my desk.  Those two knotted items are curtain holders with tassels, the succulent in the back is fake, so I should be able to keep it alive (?), I have a sparkle headband to wear like I'm MIA, some adorable travel size plastic containers with puppies on them, stick on nails that seriously have brown on the tips of them and smiley faces that say "I  <3 Pudding" (?????? seriously...the implications..) a sports bandaid I made into headband, tweezers hand painted to look like a gypsy, and a tri colored mat for my bathroom floor.  All on  top of a plastic circle mirror that is way better than something you get at Ikea. 

Overall $11 well spent.  So if you are have a couple random bills in your pocket hollah' at the dollah' store.

No comments:

Post a Comment