Friday, May 27, 2011

Summer Must Haves

As a buyer I draw inspiration for what I buy from everywhere.  Customers, employees, the runway, celebrities, old movies, and even TV.

I could be sitting watching my favorite show and see the way a certain cut dress has been all over the airways, and I hope its something customers will want.

Now this past weekend I was in Phoenix on a mini vacation when I found I had some extra time to watch cable TV at my hotel.  It was late at night and I was flipping through the channels when I stumbled on some major inspiration.

If you have not heard yet, I present to you Pajama Jeans and Cami Secrets. This summer's fashion must haves!

You can learn from this infomercial that if you dress comfy,  you dress like a slob.



"Finally, comfort and style in a great looking pair of jeans."

No... those are sweatpants. SWEAT PANTS. With pockets and contrast stitching ya, but SWEATPANTS.  Those are not jeans

Honestly my real issue with these is that they cost like 40 bucks.  They do the whole infomercial thing were they are all like:

"Designer jeans can cost up to $80!! " - =^O

Ya, because they are jeans.  Not sweatpants.  That is why they cost more.  Also $80 for designer jeans isn't really that bad.  Now $40 for sweatpants?  That's a ripoff.


My other real issue is the free gift they offer is a friggin gray T-shirt.  Like is that what they think people want?  A gray T-shirt?  Just lounge around all day in a gray crew neck T and glorified sweatpants?  Lovely.

They offer a money back guarantee if you accidentally receive them after a late night session of Ambien and wine,  but if you return the jeans you get to keep the gray Tshirt as their gift to you!  How cool,  all you have to pay is the $16 for shipping and handling and you get a free(?) Tshirt.

Also the pants look terrible in the commercial, they get all bunchy behind the knees,  and did I mention they are actually just sweatpants?

Well that takes care of the bottom half of your body.  But what do you pair with your fancy sweatpantswannabejeans?

Cami Secrets, doy!





Ya so they look like thongs, but they are actually for people who cannot deal with the damn hassle that is wearing a cami under your shirt so your boobs don't show to the world.

The issues I have with this product, besides straight up laziness, is that the commercial is ridiculous:




Plus side: The video have one of the best screen shots from an infomercial in years:

"My eyes are up here jackass!"


What if you forgot about your little secret (psst, its actually just a triangle piece of fabric attached to my bra, don't tell anyone!) and take your deep V neck sweater off because its getting warm out?  Whoopsies, there is a lot of things you're not keeping a secret about at that point.

So there you have it ladies.  To get your summer fashion on, all you need is a remote control, a credit card, and zero self respect.

PS In Phoenix I also learned that heat is a terrible, terrible beast that knows no end.

No comments:

Post a Comment