Wednesday, May 11, 2011

"Would you like to be involved in a Goth photo shoot?"


My friend Sarah called and asked me that two weeks ago on a Sunday morning.  Heck ya I did.

As a teen I never got involved too much in goth lifestyle (eye makeup, dyed black hair, dark baggy cloths, perhaps a few too many trips to Hot Topic at the mall, etc.)  However as of early this year I have made up for lost time.

After seeing goths influence on Fall 11 runways I was on board with both dark lipstick and a morose look on my face.


With a wardrobe already bubbling over (like a witches cauldron) with black shaded garments I was excited to add more to my repertoire of dark fashion finds.

The best way I have seen this trend executed so far is adding more drama, this helps to really get the goth going.  Having a black silhouette is nice, but add some interest with sharp edges, long hemlines and theatrical sleeves.  Make sure to add a touch of lace as well.

Now unfortunately it is May, I was able to get my goth going for a few months before it got too hot, but now I am puzzled on how to pull off the deathly look with out actually dying of heat stroke.

After searching through my closet I was able to compile somethings and even got some looks together that you can purchase on swaychic.com.


Perfect goth day out outfit:

Perfect black hair Turban

Lace Bustier

Flowing Black Maxi Skirt

 Now you are ready to go out, cast spells, put hoaxes on people, or maybe go to the farmer's market.

Oh!  And if you are wondering how the photo shoot went, check the photos below (most outfits compliments of me buying tons of goth looks at Sway stores)

Ya that's right, I made our photos into a cool goth band CD cover

Oh and if you were wondering if I gave us all goth names....

This one was courtesy of a goth name generator i believe
BEST GOTH NAME EVER

 So get your goth on despite the heat and gear up for it come Fall.  Remember the world is a vampire, put on your Bauhaus records and enjoy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment