Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Get Your Sweater On....

Now everyone has their favorite sweater.  Their go to piece that they can throw on when there is a little tiny cold weather fairy pinching your skin (that is how it works, right?)

My favorite sweater has been in my closet since I was 16.  Not saying hold old I am, but if this sweater and I were married for as long as I have had it around, we would be expecting a wonderful Tin gift from our friends in honor of our anniversary this year.

My lovely was bought at a thrift store.  It has ribbons woven into the front and is the most perfect shade of Lagoon Blue.
Pardon the crude Ipad photo- I left the camera at home.

I wore it today and it got me thinking about girls' love affair with autumn and clothes.

Autumn? More like Aut-some.
There is something about the world's exact distance and tilt from the sun that occurs for roughly 91 days each year that makes people happy.

If Fall was a guy I'd bet his name would be Luke or Blake. And I'd marry him.


Here is Luke-Blake, picking me up on September 23rd. Right on time for our 3 month date!



One of multiple, multiple, multiple reasons I love Fall is because I also love clothes.  And Fashion and Fall got together like ramma lamma lamma ka dinga da dinga dong (remembered forever as shoo-bop sha whada whadda yippidy boom da boom...respectively.)

My favorite Fall Fashion items are sweaters.  They keep you warm and looking fresh.  You can never have enough of them because they are a true necessity, and variety is the spice of life.

So if you yourself have a favorite sweater- give it the props it deserves. It may stay hidden in your closet most of the year, but when the temperature drops it makes its way to the front of your closet and back into your heart.

Don't have a favorite sweater, or looking for a new one to add to your collection? 
Click below to see our selection of this season's must have knits.


No comments:

Post a Comment