Thursday, October 20, 2011

A Saturday at The March Aux Puces

Sway (the actually physical stores) are now bringing their flavor down my way and opening their doors to Southern California, which brings me great joy.

I have opened a few Sway stores in my time and love to furnish and decorate them more than words can express.

I like the idea that being in a Sway store should be more than just a "pop into a boutique with some cute clothes" and more of a "Controlled Sensory Explosion" (Scared?......you should be.)

We want to inspire and make you feel happy.  What is the point of having  some square feet if you can't beautify it (or "Swayify" it, as I like to say) as much as humanly possible?

I have hated the term "flea market" since I first heard of it.  It makes my skin itch.
So after looking for other terms, aside from the obvious Swap Meet, I decided the direct French translation, The March Aux Puces, sounds a little bit more appropriate.  The French can make anything sound beautiful and awesome, and that is exactly what flea markets are, beautiful and awesome.


So The March Aux Puces is a must for getting our Sway Store looking amazing. Full of so much character and wonderful things to look at, I could spend the whole day perusing the outdoor market (plus the vintage clothes- my OH my)


I brought my camera to share with you my wonderful views.



I have a slight obsession with needlepoint art


 I <3 florescent green glass. PS been seeing a lot of this color in clothes for spring- I'm excited.

My boss would kill me if I put this in a store.  But this horse is so chill!

I don't know what is happening here, but I think that's why I love it so much.
Um, treats!
Every store needs just the right amount of disco and a gallon of kitsch
 
Want this on my desk to keep me motivated


Unfortunately we can't have it all.  But we did find this awesome stadium seating bench that will work well for some sitting space:

Want to paint this something amazing.  Yellow and Pink?


Speaking of interior decorating, I saw a semi-celebrity at The March Aux Puces.  These little old ladies were all "I love your show" to this cute tall blond.  Having no idea what was going on I did some internet stalking and found out this lady apparently knows whats up with The March Aux Puces as well. I happened to take a photo of the goodies she was buying because they were awesome and all I could look at while waiting for my ride to swing by and grab my bench and I.
Look for them on her show!





It was hard to say au revioir to the March Aux Puces, which was so je ne sais quoi, but I needed to grab a café au lait and go write up the reportage you just read.

No comments:

Post a Comment