Tuesday, March 13, 2012

The Price Is Right, and I Have No Shame

While getting my first Gel manni (recommended!) I was reading the latest Seventeen Magazine (obviously, I cannot get enough prepubescent embarrassment stories) and found out that Hard Candy is now being sold at Walmart.

For those of you who don't remember, Hard Candy made awesome unique colored nail polish long before any one dared to wear bright blue on their fingernails (I'm talking 15 years ago-the bottles also came with a free jelly ring!)  Apparently for awhile now the "alt" cosmetic brand has been available at Walmart.  They have lipgloss, eyeshadow, blush, the whole gamut.
So the next logical step was to high tail it out of there and get myself to the nearest Walmart to check out the goods.  Now I found some gloss, bronzer and mascara that made the 7th grader in me delighted.  However I also realized I was in a Walmart, something that hasn't occurred since high school.

Now back then you could not pay me to wear an item of clothing from Walmart.  Everyone would see my new shirt and be like "B*tch got that at Walmart..." and write me off as any sort of fashionista.

However now I feel no one I see on a day to day basis peruses their local Walmart's clothing sections.  So I figured I might as well check out their duds and see if I could find anything wearable and get some clothes on the cheap.

Of course everything I found was essentially unwearable (except for some basic tanks) but, BUT I stumbled across this wall and nearly lost my sh*t:
Those are not my Wavy Lays.  I repeat, those are NOT my Wavy Lays.
Like six different, perfectly colored muumuus for $11.88!!  Now I have been meaning to buy a muumuu and I  find awesome ones all the time at thrift stores, but there is something personal about a muumuu where I could just never get myself to buy a used one.

It something someone wore like, ALL the time.  They didn't just own that muumuu, they OWNED that muumuu, and something about wearing a used one seemed wrong.

As a lazy individual who loves to lounge and not leave my apartment unless I absolutely need to attend that party/get coffee/buy cloths/buy paper towels I spend a lot of time in what I like to call the "Comfort Zone."  And a great muumuu is just what a girl needs to make her way into the VIP section of the Comfort Zone.  (and since you are wearing it alone and independently, it is essentially the most quintessential indie fashion item you can own.)

I was elated obviously and narrowed it down to these two:
They have pockets!!



I opted for the pink one with the slight cheetah print, contrasted by purple flowers, because it was way too perfect.

So if you find that you yourself spending lots of time in or around the Comfort Zone and want something polyester and perfectly printed with no waist line- get yourself to a Walmart ASAPS.

While there, don't forget to check out the boys section (if you are petite you can usually fit in the M-L sizes)- I also snagged this St. Patty's Day button up for $7.88

Leave your pride at the door, pick up a smiley sticker and be prepared to read some tabloids in the 45 minute line to the register.

No comments:

Post a Comment